Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Well it is the start of 2009 and I am looking forward to the new year ahead of us.

I have a few goals I would like to accomplish this year.

First is I joined a 365 project group on Flicker. The goal of group is take a photo a day. I am hoping for 2 things for this to happen with this goal. One is learn how to use our Canon Rebel digital SLR and the other is to make a really cool book at the end of the year about our life in 2009.

Second is to lose weight. I have had so much stress in my life over the past 2.5 years that I lost sight of myself in that time period and put on the weight I worked so hard to lose before I had Tyler and right after I have had him I worked really hard to get back to the prepregnancy weight. Which I did and then some.

Third is to paint and organize the rooms in our home. I know I am not going to get it all done in a years time because we started this goal in 2008 and I think we made great progress with all the craziness in our lives.

Fourth is to pay down credit card debt and put more money into savings. We started this in 2008 and we are going to make bigger strides in 2009. Pay close attention to what goes out in a month and make and stick with a budget.

Fifth is make more time to take little trips as a family. This goal is hard for us since I take care of my dad full time and he need 24/7 care. Which means I have to pay someone to be here with him when I can not be. So we are hoping to take a few camping trips with another family we like to vacation with that has kids around Tyler's age.

Sixth is to focus on my business. So I can grow a team and help contribute to paying down our debt and save for a new car with this money. I have made separate goals for my business and I have a few friends helping me come up with a great business plan and marketing ideas.

Seventh is to stay organized with files, so that at tax time I am not trying to find things in the "safe place" I put them . We have a ton of mail that comes here in a day. So I want to sort it and file in its home the same day it comes. So it does it get lost in the shuffle of life.

Eighth is to spend less time on the Internet so I can focus my energy on the house(keeping it organized) and on more teachable moments with Tyler.

Ninth is to spend more time with just me and Matt. I our crazy life sometimes we don't get to spend time just me and him. I am hoping to have date night once a month and plan a few trips this year for just us, no dad and toddler, time for just us to catch up with each other.

Finally my tenth is to just be happy with all the blessing I have in my life and stop focusing on the negative or the could have, should have, would have.

I hope whoever reads this has a wonderful 2009!

3 comments:

Amanda L. said...

wonderful goals.......good luck...I hope you achieve what your heart desires!

Pamela said...

These all sound like wonderful goals! Good luck with them. :)

Rachael said...

Good luck with your goals, especially the weight one. That is always the hardest one to keep!